Each year, we are delighted to offer a limited number of scholarships for those in need; scholarships are a result of gracious contributions by community members from around the world. We offer as many scholarships as we receive funding for through donations and work-shift buyouts.
In order to provide financial assistance to as many people as possible, we do not award full scholarships, but only provide partial support for attendance. Work trades are not available.
The conditions for a scholarship are as follows:
- All scholarships offer entrance to SpiritFire Festival at the reduced rate of $250.
- The scholarship registration fee is due in full by May 15th. If full payment is not received by that date, the scholarship offer will be rescinded and given to someone on the waiting list.
- Recipients must acknowledge that they have received email communications from the SFF Scholarship Group; if we don’t hear back from you, we have no way of knowing whether our messages have been lost in the ether or if your plans have changed.
- The reduced rate does NOT cover the fee charged to us by using online registration. Therefore, if you register online, you will also have to pay this fee. You can avoid this fee by choosing instead to register by mail.
- No extra work is required from those receiving scholarships; however, those who receive scholarships are expected to sign up for a regular community work shift.
Also, please note that due to the limited number of scholarships available, it is our custom to generally …
- Give priority to people who have not received a scholarship in a previous year,
- Give priority to people who submit an application on their own behalf, and
- Give only one scholarship per family group (including couples).
You should receive a confirmation note from us soon after we receive your application. If you do not receive a confirmation within a week, please follow up with us to make sure we received your application. We cannot consider an application if we don’t have it, and the only way you know that we have it is if we confirm it.
APPLICATION DEADLINE is April 8th
We need to receive your application by this date; due to registration deadlines and the likelihood that funds will be distributed quickly, late applications will not be considered. Sorry!
As in previous years, we are handling scholarship applications via a Google Form. Please click here to be taken to the form.
(Or if the link doesn’t work, copy and paste the following URL into your browser’s address bar: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ZVU5hlhCNmp8KR5C7M1ylfASTg9VxuQciKk1_sFuGBA/viewform)