INFORMATION ON OUR FESTIVAL
Registration has closed for 2021. Our waiting list is at the point where we know we will be unable to add any more names; we sincerely hope that if you weren’t able to make it this year due to our lower attendance cap, you’ll put the dates for 2022 on your calendar: July 6-10. We hope to see you then!
Please read the information below before registering. Links to online or mail-in forms can also be found under the registration menu, as well as after the info below.
All registrants must be fully vaccinated for Covid 19 (plus the 2 week wait for full efficacy) in order to attend our 2021 gathering.
2021 is all one rate and includes 2 vegetarian meals, camping, and events: $320
- Partial Registrations and Day Visitors
- Community Contribution/Shifts
- Children at SpiritFire
- Payment Options
- All attendees must arrive on Thursday, July 8th between 10:00 am and 5:00 pm.
- Those arriving late will find the entrance gate closed and will need to make special arrangements to be led up the mountain and into camp so that disturbance of ongoing rituals or activities is kept to a minimum. This may result in a long wait at the bottom of the mountain road for you, so don’t come late!
- There are no Friday arrivals this year.
- Closing circle is early Sunday morning, July 11th (near dawn)
- We must be off site before dark. We’d always welcome help with packing up the main site!
Partial Registrations and Day Visitors
- SpiritFire is an intensive retreat, and as such we do not accept partial registrations or day visitors.
- All registrants must plan to arrive during registration hours on Thursday, July 8th, and stay on site for the duration of the event through the closing circle on Sunday, July 11th.
- SpiritFire Festival does not make accommodations for early departures except in case of emergencies.
- All festival attendees will be responsible for one community shift that helps to support the festival. Signups for various groups will be available upon check-in on site. There are no required meal prep or cooking shifts, but this year you may opt to help out our new kitchen staff if you’d like – contact the registrar before the event.
- This year, all attendees will need to bring their own dishes/drinking and eating utensils, as our hosts will not have set up their usual meal service this year. You’ll be responsible for washing and storing your own items.
Children at SpiritFire
SpiritFire is intended as a ceremonial weekend retreat based on 3 all-night rituals that are active between late night and dawn; the nights are therefore very active, and mornings very quiet and meant to offer time for sleep and rest. We realize this is a very challenging schedule for young children and their parents; please realize the event is meant for adults, and does not provide daycare or other services for children. Adults attending for the first time are asked not to bring children so you can get as sense of the event and make the decision on future attendance of your child based on that experience. Children are currently welcome to SpiritFire, but please see the Parent Info page for more details. Per our Covid 19 vaccination requirement for 2021, children must also be vaccinated in order to attend.
- You can download the mail-in PDF registration form via the “Mail In” link on the Register by Mail page. With that, you can send a check or money order. You can also send funds via Venmo and mail in your form, or send a PDF of your signed reg form at the same time. See the PDF for how to do so!
- We accept PayPal (credit cards/PayPal accounts) via our online system. Because of the fees charged by PayPal, we greatly prefer mail-in registrations with a check or money order.
- Payment is required at time of online registration; you’ll need either a credit card or a PayPal account to complete payment.
- Using PayPal has made registration very convenient, but has cost us thousands of dollars in fees since we began accepting online registration. In order to continue this service, paying online will add 2.9% to your total amount due. This is to cover the PayPal transaction fee. To avoid these fees, we welcome checks or money orders by mail.
Cancellations / Refunds
- This year we are running registration very late due to the Covid 19 situation. Our refund and cancellation policy has changed for this year to reflect that, so please read carefully before registering. You may not transfer your registration to another person without checking in with the registrar first!
- If a registration is transferred to someone improperly, SpiritFire reserves the option to deny them entry without refund.
- The following schedule applies to refunds, which must be received in writing by the dates listed:
Through June 10th: Full refund, minus $45 cancellation fee and any donations (donations will not be refunded).
From June 11th: No refund, but we will do our best to help you transfer your registration. We do not guarantee this will be possible.
From July 1: Due to the staff being in last minute preparations for the mountain, we cannot refund or transfer any registrations.
- All refunds will be issued via check or Paypal (in the same way that you registered.)
Additional Information about Food
- If you have dietary needs beyond vegetarian, you are responsible for bringing what you need to supplement what is offered.
- Please be sure to indicate any medical allergies when you register – we’ll do our best to have options. Please do not indicate allergies to influence the menu due to taste or preference – help us keep each other fed safely and with as much ease as possible!
- Our amazing Grill Master will be selling various grilled meats on site – CASH ONLY and please bring smaller bills! Available items and costs will be posted before the event both on Facebook and in the registration packet.
- We recommend bringing food to supplement your meals. Food may be kept in a sealed, latchable cooler at your site. No campfires or cooking are allowed.
Additional Information about Lodging
- SpiritFire offers beautiful woods tenting, bathrooms, and separate women’s and men’s shower rooms. There are a small number of cabin bunks available. Cabin bunks are limited and not guaranteed.
- Due to Covid 19, each cabin room will be a single this year unless 2 people from a household (trusted friends) specifically indicate wish to share it.
- Preference is given to those with medical or travel restrictions.
- Tent sites and cabins are not accessible by car. You will need to transport all your equipment to your chosen site by hand or a provided cart from the Welcoming Tent. The exact distance will vary, but can, based on where you choose to camp, be up to one-quarter of a mile. Therefore, you should only pack what you are willing to carry. There is a special drum tent for instruments in the main area of the site so you don’t have to lug your drums/etc. to your camp and then back to the fire circle.
- Cars must be parked in the assigned group parking area. The roads at the site are not open to personal vehicles, per the site owner’s policy.
- Please note that we are not able to provide accommodation for RVs or popup campers.
Pets are not allowed on the site, per the site owner’s policy, with no exceptions.
Substances and Gathering Policies
- SpiritFire is committed to creating safe space on the mountain to experience the pathways and community. The gathering does not tolerate abuse, harassment, non-consensual interactions of any kind, for any reason. Please – if you feel there is an issue with an attendee displaying behavior that makes you or others feel unsafe, approach a staff member and we will step in to help. If you are asked to cease any behaviors towards others who say you are disturbing their sense of safety or comfortable enjoyment of the event, do so. If we find that a registrant has broken this policy, it will result in being sent home immediately from the mountain with no refund and possibly being disinvited from future events.
- Drinking in public places is not allowed at SpiritFire.
- We highly discourage casual or excessive drinking during the gathering. Alcohol should be consumed responsibly and away from public areas.
- Minors caught using alcohol will be asked to leave the festival without refund, as will any adults supplying it, encouraging its use, or enabling minors to use it by direct or indirect means.
- Anyone who appears to be intoxicated/under the influence or who disturbs festival events or attendees will be asked to leave site without refund.
- We reserve the right to deny registration/attendance to anyone if we determine such action is necessary.
- Smoking of cigars or cigarettes is only allowed in one area of the site per the site owner’s policy, and we take their preference very seriously. Please only use the designated area for smoking, and do not smoke in other areas or in your cabin/tent.
- Please leave all other substances at home – no illegal substances of any kind will be tolerated at the event.