The deadline for applying for a scholarship to SpiritFire ’14 has passed. However, we still hope we are able to see you around the fire this summer!
Each year, we are delighted to offer a limited number of scholarships for those in need; scholarships are a result of gracious contributions by community members from all around the world. We offer as many scholarships as we receive funding for through donations and work shift buyouts.
In order to provide financial assistance to as many people as possible, we do not award full scholarships, but only provide partial support for attendance. Work trades are not available.
The conditions for a scholarship are as follows:
- All scholarships offer entrance to SpiritFire Festival at the reduced rate of $190.
- The scholarship registration fee is due in full by May 2nd. If full payment is not received by that date, the scholarship offer will be rescinded and given to someone on the waiting list.
- The reduced rate does NOT cover the $5 fee charged to us by PayPal for on-line registration. Therefore, if you register on-line, you will also have to pay this fee.
- No extra work is required from those receiving scholarships; however, those who receive scholarships are expected to sign up for a regular community work shift.
Also, please note that due to the limited number of scholarships available, it is our custom to generally …
- Give priority to people who have not received a scholarship in a previous year, and
- Give only one scholarship per family group (including couples).
You should receive a confirmation note from us soon after we receive your application. If you do not receive a confirmation, please follow up with us to make sure we received your application. We cannot consider an application if we don’t have it, and the only way you know that we have it is if we confirm it.
APPLICATION DEADLINE is April 4th.
We need to receive your application by this date; due to registration deadlines and the likelihood that funds will be distributed quickly, late applications will not be considered. Sorry!
Notification of awards will be completed as soon as we possibly can, hopefully before April 11th.
This year, we are handling scholarship applications via a Google Form. Please click on the this application link to be taken to the form.